With recording cameras on each train running during all hours of operation and closed-circuit TV cameras throughout the stations constantly recording and monitoring all ticket vending machines (TVMs), platforms, and escalators, you won’t be hosting a late night comedy show, but will be on stage for the security team that monitors the feeds live from Central Control.
Maybe that’s why passengers polled in a recent survey gave the Las Vegas Monorail high marks for its safety and security.
Or maybe it’s because:
- The stations are staffed with armed and unarmed security officers charged with maintaining the security of the system, as well as assisting passengers and answering questions about the ticket machines, fare gates and riding the system.
- All stations and trains are equipped with emergency Push-To-Talk intercom telephones (E-Tels) that provide a direct connection to Central Control. The phones are located on the trains near the doors and at various locations on the station boarding and platform areas. Use the phones to report any activity you believe is important or to receive whatever emergency services may be needed.
- The system employs explosive detection canine handlers. Look for our highly-trained canine officers carrying out their duties throughout the system.
Meet the Force
- The Las Vegas Monorail is a state-of-the-art transportation system that meets every applicable mass transit code and safety standard.
- Comprehensive maintenance checks are performed daily.
- The trains and stations are clean and well-maintained and you won’t be greeted by pamphlet-pushing solicitors.