Safety & Security
The safety of our system is just one reason passengers polled in our most recent survey gave the Las Vegas Monorail high marks for its safety and security. The system includes cameras on each train running during all hours of operation and closed-circuit TV cameras throughout the stations constantly recording and monitoring all ticket vending machines (TVMs), platforms, fare gates and escalators.
Here are just a few ways we keep the Las Vegas Monorail safe:
- The stations are staffed with security officers charged with maintaining the security of the system, as well as assisting passengers and answering questions about the ticket machines, fare gates and riding the system.
- All stations and trains are equipped with emergency Push-To-Talk intercom telephones (E-Tels) that provide a direct connection to Central Control. The phones are located on the trains near the doors and at various locations on the station boarding and platform areas. Use the phones to report any activity you believe is important or to receive whatever emergency services may be needed. Also, we’re always on the other end if you need any help while on our system.
- The system employs explosive detection canines. Look for our highly-trained canine officers carrying out their duties throughout the system. You can meet one of our Monorail K9 teams on our blog.
- The Las Vegas Monorail is a state-of-the-art transportation system that meets every applicable mass transit code and safety standard.
- Comprehensive maintenance checks are performed daily.