New Year’s Eve is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year in Las Vegas, and the coming 2022 celebration will be no exception. Copious fireworks displays are kicking off at midnight from eight casino rooftops, parties with popped champagne bottles, iconic live music performances, and hotel & casino packages. Vegas pulls out all the stops for one of the best NYE experiences you can have.
This year, the city is on pace to meet pre-pandemic tourism levels and pass 32 million visitors in 2022. Las Vegas NYE celebrations always draw massive crowds, and ringing in 2023 will be no exception. The entire four-mile Las Vegas Strip will be packed with tens of thousands of revelers who understand that this is one of the wildest and most fun NYE celebrations in the world. Plus, the trip can be done on a budget, especially if you know how to use the monorail system.
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 Fireworks
Each of the following locations will be hosting official Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 fireworks. You’ll want to arrive on the strip before 6 p.m., as all forms of transportation except the monorail will shut down at that time.
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino via the MGM Grand Monorail Station
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino via the Bally’s & Paris Monorail Station
- Treasure Island Hotel & Casino via Harry’s and The LINQ Monorail Station
- Resorts World Las Vegas via the Convention Center or Westgate Monorail Station
- ARIA Resort & Casino via the MGM Grand or Bally’s & Paris Monorail Stations
- Caesars Palace via the Flamingo & Caesars Palace Monorail Station
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino via Harry’s and The LINQ Monorail Station
- The STRAT Hotel, Casino & Skypod via the SAHARA Monorail Station
If you’re not one for shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, any of the public parking garages on the strip are also great spots to catch a choice view of your favorite Las Vegas fireworks display.
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 Parties
- Level 1.5 of The Chandelier at the Cosmopolitan is one of the most posh bottle-service parties to see and be seen in Vegas for NYE every year. Securing reservations grants access to fireworks at The Ice Rink. (via Bally’s & Paris Monorail Station)
- The Ice Rink at The Cosmopolitan has its own NYE bash with some of the best views of the entire Las Vegas Strip. Reservations come complete with open bar, skate rentals, and a live DJ show. (via Bally’s & Paris Monorail Station)
- Ring in the new year at Margaritaville Las Vegas. Located right across from Caesars Palace (accessible via Flamingo & Caesars Palace Monorail station), Margaritaville is a great place to view the iconic Las Vegas Strip and one of Vegas’ many end-of-year fireworks displays. Second and third-floor tickets (with a view of the fireworks) are $249 per person; main-floor tickets are $149 per person.
- New York-New York Hotel & Casino offers premium bar experiences to bid 2022 farewell. Your crew can party at Tom’s Urban, where you can dance to the 80s, 90s, and today’s top hits with a view of the strip’s midnight fireworks. Get standing or seated tickets for Bar Times Square for dueling pianos with a champagne toast at midnight.
More Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 Parties & Events
- New Year’s Eve 2022 — Chateau Rooftop & Beer Park at Paris Las Vegas
- New Year’s Eve at the Plaza — The Plaza Hotel & Casino
- 2022 New Year’s Eve Party at the Top — The Strat SkyPod
- 80s and 90s Dance Party Celebration — Fremont Street Experience
- Las Vegas Club Crawl — LA Epic
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 Live Entertainment
- The Killers at The Chelsea (via Bally’s and Paris Monorail Station)
- DJ Pauly D at Marquee NightClub with optional $100 bar card package (via Bally’s and Paris Monorail Station)
- Tenacious D at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas’ The Theater (via MGM Grand or Bally’s and Paris Monorail Stations)
- Bridesmaids: The Unauthorized Movie Musical Parody at The Orleans Hotel & Casino (a short walk from MGM Grand Monorail Station)
Las Vegas New Year’s Eve 2022 Packages
- Opium & Superfrico Psychedelic NYE Dinner and a Show: This $325 package is one of the most unique Las Vegas NYE experiences. It’s an all-inclusive, all-nighter with a four-course meal and access to the intergalactic OPM variety show. (via Bally’s and Paris Monorail Station)
- Alexxa’s Bar NYE 2022 Party Package: Reserve a table at this exclusive party for heated patio seating, a pre-fixed menu, midnight champagne toast, and a live DJ. (via Bally’s and Paris monorail station)
- NYE Bridge Bash at New York-New York: Party with a DJ and a view of all the best fireworks in Las Vegas on New York-New York’s Brooklyn Bridge. Tickets include an open bar, dancing with a live DJ, and fireworks. (via MGM Grand Monorail Station)
Important Things to Consider
Before you hit the town, here are a few pointers to help ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience this New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas.
Road closures will begin as early as 4 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and continue until 4 a.m. on New Year’s Day. With road closures in place and more than 300,000 visitors along the Strip, the Las Vegas Monorail is the best way to travel along the Strip.
Book spots at your chosen destinations in advance and arrive as early as possible. If you want to be at a particular place in time for the midnight fireworks, get there by 11 p.m. Otherwise, you could be stuck waiting outside when the clock strikes twelve.
It’s winter in the desert, and the temperatures will drop significantly once the sun goes down. Dress in warm layers – you can always shed a few at the club if they get to be too much.
Be prepared for crowds
It’s hard to wrap your head around the number of people who will be packed into the streets along the Strip and the downtown area but be forewarned that it will be exceedingly difficult to make your way around if you’re driving. The Las Vegas Monorail is here to help make travel along the Las Vegas Strip as easy as possible.
Las Vegas Monorail Stations
To plan your trip and make the most of your unlimited-ride Monorail passes, view our Las Vegas Monorail Route Map and Station Guide. In our Station Guide, you’ll find tips and tricks for navigating the hotel properties, plus recommendations for some of our favorite bars and restaurants. Head over to the blog for more ways to maximize your unlimited-ride passes.
- SAHARA Las Vegas Station (station entrance located via SAHARA Las Vegas Bridge and at street level on Sahara Avenue and Paradise Rd.)
- Westgate Las Vegas Station
- Las Vegas Convention Center Station
- Harrah’s/The LINQ Station (Harrah’s/LINQ station is currently accessible only via the 4th floor of the LINQ Parking Garage due to construction)
- Flamingo/Caesars Palace Station (station entrance located at Flamingo)
- Bally’s/Paris Las Vegas Station (station entrance located at Bally’s)
- MGM Grand Station
We hope you have an exciting, enjoyable, and safe New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas!