Welcome to the ultimate guide for all motorsport enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies attending Formula 1 in Las Vegas. Embark on a thrilling adventure as we delve into everything you need to know to make your race weekend unforgettable.
From securing tickets, exploring the iconic Vegas Strip, and indulging in delectable dining experiences, this guide will equip you with all the information necessary to navigate this high-octane event seamlessly. So fasten your seatbelts and get ready for an exhilarating journey through our comprehensive guide to attending the Las Vegas Formula 1 race.
When is the Formula 1 race in Las Vegas?
The Las Vegas F1 race is set to take place November 16th – 18th, with qualifying races starting on November 16, 2023. The first race will take place at 10 p.m. on the opening day. Most of the racing events throughout the weekend will also be in the evenings, allowing you to explore Vegas during the day.
What is there to do during the day in Las Vegas?
There are numerous daytime activities to keep you entertained in between the races. Here are some suggestions for things to do during the daytime in Las Vegas:
- Explore the strip: Take a leisurely stroll along the famous Las Vegas Strip, exploring iconic landmarks like the Bellagio Fountains, The Venetian’s Grand Canal Shoppes, or the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas.
- Visit museums: Immerse yourself in art and culture by visiting world-class museums such as The Neon Museum or The Mob Museum.
- Experience thrilling rides: If you’re craving an adrenaline rush, head to amusement parks like Adventuredome at Circus Circus or New York-New York’s Big Apple Roller Coaster.
- Relax by resort pools: Spend some time lounging poolside at one of Las Vegas’ luxurious resort pools. Many hotels offer day passes allowing non-guests access to their tropical oasis.
- Take day trips: Venture beyond the city limits with a day trip to the Grand Canyon or explore the desert on ATVs.
- Pro Tip: Monorail ticket holders have access to fantastic discounts on things to do around Las Vegas!
What events are going on during Formula 1 in Las Vegas?
Each night of the event, there will be live performances by Cirque du Soleil. There will also be musical acts with appearances by Mark Ronson, Major Lazer, and J Balvin. There will also be other live performances yet to be announced.
In addition, there will also be an Opening Ceremony for the Las Vegas Formula 1 on November 15, 2023, that will feature stage performances. Most of the events will be held at the MSG Sphere and T-Mobile Zone near the Sphere.
The Cromwell will host a race weekend party at their rooftop VISTA Terrance and Drai’s Beachclub and Nightclub. This event does not include race tickets. It will feature free food, canapes, champagne, guest appearances from F1 personalities, live music and DJs, and plenty of viewing screens to watch and enjoy the F1 race.
Where can I watch the Formula 1 race in Vegas?
Different viewing “zones” will be set up around the Vegas Strip to enjoy watching the races. You can also view the race on video screens set up in most hotels or at special events held at the resorts during the races.
For ticket holders, it is important to mention that your tickets are only valid for the zone on your tickets. You will not be allowed to move from one zone to another. If you want to view the race from different zones, you need a ticket to each zone.
What is included with my Las Vegas Formula 1 ticket?
All Las Vegas F1 tickets will include unlimited food and nonalcoholic beverages. You may also have additional perks depending on the type of ticket you purchase and whether you buy a race package. Many resorts also offer hotel and ticket packages like MGM Resorts, Caesars, The Venetian, and The Palazzo.
What is the easiest way to travel between hotels on the Las Vegas Strip?
The easiest way to travel between hotels on the Las Vegas Strip to enjoy different racing events is the Las Vegas Monorail. There are seven station locations along the Strip as follows:
- MGM Grand Station
- Horseshoe/Parris Station
- Flamingo/Caesars Palace Station
- Harrah’s/The LINQ Station
- Boingo Station at the Las Vegas Convention Center
- Westgate Station
- SAHARA Las Vegas Station
Each station puts you within walking distance of the different Formula 1 racing zones and numerous attractions. Due to road closures, delays, and alternate routes, the Monorail will be the best option to travel along the Strip.
The Las Vegas Monorail will also offer extended hours for this event! The Monorail will run continuously from 7 a.m. on Tuesday, November 14, through 3 a.m. on Monday, November 20. Trains arrive at stations every 5-10 minutes.
Save time and money by purchasing discounted tickets in advance and downloading them to your phone.
If you’re a Las Vegas resident, you can purchase local $1 single-ride tickets at a Monorail station customer service booth on every station EXCEPT Boingo Station at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We highly recommend you buy in advance because customer service booths are open for limited times daily. If they’re closed, a full-price ticket is the only option to access the system, so be sure to purchase early!
Important Monorail rules to ride
LVGP weekend is going to be very busy on the Monorail system. Please review these rules to ensure a smooth experience.
- Arrive early and pack patience: If you are parking somewhere to ride the Monorail to the race, please arrive at the station at least an hour in advance to account for lines and other delays
- Courtesy is contagious (and drinks spill): Remember, just like you, every rider is trying to get somewhere on the Monorail, and staff on the system truly do want to help get you to your destination. Please don’t bring open containers or anything else that can spill or leak.
- Only you can prevent delays: It’s going to be busy. Please don’t try to crowd into an already full train, and don’t hold train doors open — these cause system alarms, which immediately stop all trains until the alarm is cleared. Alarms = delays, and delays = bad.
- Electronic tickets: Please purchase discounted tickets if you’d rather have an electronic ticket to scan from your phone. We apologize, but local tickets are not available electronically.
What are some delectable dining experiences on the Vegas Strip?
The Las Vegas Strip is renowned for its extravagant dining scene, offering a myriad of delectable culinary experiences to satisfy every palate. Here are just a few noteworthy options:
- Michelin-starred delights: Indulge in the finest gastronomic experiences at acclaimed restaurants like Joël Robuchon, which boasts three Michelin stars and offers exquisite French cuisine. Alternatively, visit Restaurant Guy Savoy or é by José Andrés for an unforgettable dining affair.
- Iconic steakhouse dining: Enjoy a classic American meal at some of Las Vegas’ legendary steakhouses, such as CUT by Wolfgang Puck or SW Steakhouse at the Wynn. These establishments offer premium cuts of meat cooked to perfection alongside elegant sides and exceptional service.
- Innovative fusion cuisine: Experience the magic of fusion cuisine with restaurants like Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant & Lounge or Tao Asian Bistro, where traditional dishes from different cultures intertwine, resulting in uniquely flavorful creations.
- Extravagant buffets: Las Vegas is known for its lavish buffet offerings featuring cuisines from around the globe. From seafood feasts at Bacchanal Buffet to gourmet selections at The Buffet at Wynn, you’ll find endless options to satisfy your cravings.
- Celebrity chef restaurants: Las Vegas is a playground for celebrity chefs, and you can find their signature restaurants throughout the Strip. If you’re a fan of Gordon Ramsay, dine at Hell’s Kitchen or Gordon Ramsay Steak. Head to Giada by Giada De Laurentiis for a taste of Italian cuisine. And don’t miss out on the culinary creations of renowned chefs like Emeril Lagasse (Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House) and Bobby Flay (Mesa Grill).
With so many options available, from world-class fine dining establishments to casual yet extraordinary culinary experiences, your taste buds are in for an unforgettable treat along the iconic Las Vegas Strip.
How can I get tickets to the F1 in Las Vegas?
The final tickets to the F1 in Las Vegas were released in June, so you will want to act quickly to secure tickets. There are also several ticket packages still available. Alternatively, you may be able to secure tickets through resale sites.
What is the best transportation during Formula 1 in Las Vegas?
Since the city is expected to be packed with tourists and racing enthusiasts, getting around is expected to take longer if you are driving or using a car service. Several main roads will be closed and inaccessible during the races and daily events. The best transportation to get you quickly up and down the Strip during Formula 1 in Las Vegas is the Las Vegas Monorail.